No products in the basket.
A new catch on the Friday night classic, complete with Vodka Tonic!
At the Liquid Indulgence office we love to try something new so we thought would do some experimenting and have a go at adding our own flair of Vodka Tonic to the nations favourite… Fish and Chips.
What you’ll need
- 1tbsp fresh yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 170ml Fever tree tonic water
- 190g plain flour
- 20ml Firestarter vodka
- 2 x 175g haddock fillets
- 200g chipping potatoes, peeled and chopped
For the mushy peas
- 150g frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- salt and pepper
How to make it ‘Vodkatastic’
- First mix the yeast and salt in a bowl, then add the tonic water.
- Next slowly whisk in the flour and the Firestarter vodka and leave to ferment.
- Fry the chipped potatoes in oil for 2-3 minutes and drain the chips into kitchen paper.
- Heat a deep fat fryer to 190 degrees.
- Once the bubbles start to appear on the batter coat the haddock fillets in flour then with the batter and fry in the oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Fry the chips again in the oil until golden brown.
- Fill a pan halfway with hot water and bring to the boil.
- Next add the frozen peas and cook for 3 minutes so that the peas are tender.
- Drain the peas and put them in a food processor along with the butter and salt and pepper seasoning. Blend until the mixture is thick with small pieces of peas.
Serve with a wedge of lemon and a shot of Firestarter vodka (if desired!)
Serve with a glass of elegance
Our Undurraga Chardonnay is 100% unoaked and is great value for money. It pairs well with the mushy peas and it’s citrus palate cuts through the fish perfectly. If you prefer a red then our Sibaris Pinot Noir has a smooth texture and a very balanced palate which works well with the saltiness of the potatoes and fish batter.
Warning: Never leave the fryer unattended, hot oil can be hazardous.