No products in the basket.
A new catch on the Friday night classic!
What you’ll need
- 1tbsp fresh yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 170ml Fever tree tonic water
- 190g plain flour
- 20ml Firestarter vodka
- 2 x 175g haddock fillets
- 200g chipping potatoes, peeled and chopped
For the mushy peas
- 150g frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- salt and pepper
How to make it ‘Vodkatastic’
- First mix the yeast and salt in a bowl, then add the tonic water.
- Next slowly whisk in the flour and the Firestarter vodka and leave to ferment.
- Fry the chipped potatoes in oil for 2-3 minutes and drain the chips into kitchen paper.
- Heat a deep fat fryer to 190 degrees.
- Once the bubbles start to appear on the batter coat the haddock fillets in flour then with the batter and fry in the oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Fry the chips again in the oil until golden brown.
- Fill a pan halfway with hot water and bring to the boil.
- Next add the frozen peas and cook for 3 minutes so that the peas are tender.
- Drain the peas and put them in a food processor along with the butter and salt and pepper seasoning. Blend until the mixture is thick with small pieces of peas.
Serve with a wedge of lemon and a shot of vodka (if desired!)
Warning: Never leave the fryer unattended, hot oil can be hazardous.
James Bailey Hague Twitter@jimlad30
BBC all food recipes
Images – http://mummyinmanolos.com/2011/11/20/cocktails-canapes-and-chinese-elvis/